Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
365体育备用网站Diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at Latin School of Chicago enable us to fulfill an important element of our strategic plan, which commits us to “...cultivate a more inclusive and supportive climate for all constituents.” These efforts also further our expressed desire to ensure that all students and faculty, particularly those historically underrepresented, use their voices and thrive.
Latin is committed to fostering a school and classroom culture, and a curriculum that supports these goals. In practice, that means presenting students with authentic windows and mirrors, a variety of perspectives and meaningful, immersive experiences that allow them to understand themselves, others and the world around them.
We affirm our priority to be an inclusive community as an expression of our values and as vital to attracting students, faculty and staff from all backgrounds who will enrich our pursuit of educational excellence.
365体育备用网站Provide ongoing support of and structure over diversity/equity/inclusivity work including programs for all students, faculty, and staff, particularly those who are historically underrepresented, and educate and partner with parents and the larger community in an effort to advance a more inclusive environment
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Action at Latin
365体育备用网站Latin School intentionally seeks to admit students and families of various identities and backgrounds, working to integrate them into the vibrant culture of the school. Our rigorous, inclusive core curriculum and extra-curricular programs prepare the school's diverse students for a highly competitive, global education. Students also regularly participate in community service, which nurtures leadership and character growth.
365体育备用网站 fifth-eighth grade
Latin creates a highly talented, heterogeneous team of faculty, administrators, and staff by working to remove barriers to the recruitment, retention and promotion of these individuals. Latin also is dedicated to increasing diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of school life. Currently, across all three divisions, 22 percent of Latin employees and 37 percent of students self-identify as being people of color.
faculty members who identify as faculty of color
Chair: Eleannor Maajid, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Head of School - Randall Dunn
- Divisional Directors - Julie Brooks (lower school), Deb Sampey (middle school), and Kirk Greer (upper school)
- Divisional Diversity Coordinators - Kasey Taylor and Paul France (lower school), Jen Nabers and Richard Dickinson (middle school) and Kate Lorber-Crittenden (upper school)
- Upper school Dean of Community Learning - Suzanne Callis
- Staff Diversity Coordinator - Teresa Sutter
- Director of Studies - Jed Silverstein
- Director of Communications - Katie O’Dea
- Director of Enrollment Management - Mark Copestake
- Director of Uptown Partnership/Community Engagement - Sarah Bunger
- Director of Academic Initiatives - Ingrid Dorer Fitzpatrick
- Director of Athletics - Sonny Lim
- Faculty Council Representative - Manju Durairaj
- Director of Human Resources- Susan Bolon
- Parent Association President - Sunhee Lee
- Parent Association DEI Liaison - Felicia Clotworthy
- Board Member - Randy Mehrberg